Green on the Inside

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. - Irish Blessing

Friday, January 20, 2006

"This Shit Ain't That Complicated"


Women over-analyze everything. We can't help it. It must be something that just goes with that second X chromosome. I am no exception. In fact, I may very well over-over-analyze everything. I'm sure my closest girlfriends would agree.

The lunch date went well today, after a rough start. While I was waiting outside, thinking he was late, he was already inside at a table. Not at all what I expected. But things went smoothly from there - good conversation and some laughs. And a reference to wanting to leave work to go sit across the table from a pretty girl. [Insert blush here] He was very sweet and a perfect gentleman. But I can't say there was any physical attraction.

Normally, I would say no to a second date when there's no click. To quote Monica in an episode of Friends, "I just don't feel 'the thing.'" But I knew that a request for a second date was forthcoming, so I contemplated the idea and decided that I needed to give him another shot. Less than 2 hours after leaving the restaurant, I got the expected request. Lunch or dinner?

I was going to choose lunch, because I thought that dinner would suggest more interest than there is on my end. But my XY Consultant said, "This shit ain't that complicated." So dinner it is.

And since I'm in personal growth mode, I decided to take yet another leap and agree to my second blind date ever. Of course, R, the arranger of said date, wanted to give me the chance to say yes or no before suggesting it to Mr. ??, so it may never happen. We shall see.

In any event, I'm learning to date like a "real adult" (I know I'm way behind, figuring this out at 30). And I'm going to try to remember: This shit ain't that complicated.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home