Green on the Inside

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. - Irish Blessing

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Next, please!


It seems I had nothing to be worried about. It was much easier than I'd imagined to keep my distance and avoid any hug or kiss from C. Not that I was worried about a hug or even displeased at the thought of one, but I knew that a hug would simply increase the chances of an attempted kiss simply because we'd be closer. Unfortunately the vague references to my busy schedule did not deter him from saying he's looking forward to our next date (again, no actual asking involved), so now I'll have to be more direct about things. Fortunately he still hasn't attempted any communication via any other method than e-mail, so it'll be a little easier to hand out the rejection.

On another note, my pending blind date, G, called last night and finally caught me at home, after leaving two messages on my machine without his number so I could return the call (a little odd, but whatever). We talked for nearly an hour! And it was a much easier and more pleasant phone conversation than I've ever had with a man I've never met. So I'm feeling optimistic about this one. Let's just hope that he's cute and that my good friend Chemistry makes an appearance when meet in person. No firm plans yet, but there will be another call "early next week." Keep your fingers crossed for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home