Green on the Inside

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. - Irish Blessing

Friday, July 07, 2006

Not So Southern After All


So it seems that Southern Boy was not the Southern Gentleman I'd hoped he was. Despite the great time and promise to call (which was accompanied by other things which seemed to suggest it was not the typically male empty promise), I have yet to hear from SB. It's been 2 weeks since our date. I dropped a quick line to him a couple of days ago, just to see how the holiday weekend was for him, but not suggesting another date or anything of the sort - a sort of prodding, as my friend (the man who suggested the e-mail in the first place) put it. But there has been no response. My only conclusion...Southern Boy was on the prowl, looking for action. And when I failed to provide, he failed to follow through. Jerk.

And people wonder why I don't feel particularly motivated to date. It sucks. Just when you think you might have found a gem, it turns out to be a piece of dried up dung instead.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home