Green on the Inside

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. - Irish Blessing

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

New Life


Tonight I met my new nephew. He was less than 7 hours old. When I saw him, my heart grew just a little bit bigger, making room for another precious person in my life. I'd forgotten just how little they are and just how quiet their cries are. And while I hated to see him cry, I took just a little pleasure in my success in quieting him, even if only for a little while, since only his mother could give him what he wanted.

Welcome to the world, J. I look forward to watching you grow and to being your favorite aunt (recognizing that I'm the only aunt you'll ever have).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home