Green on the Inside

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. - Irish Blessing

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Never a Dull Moment


I have recently discovered that, when you have cats, kittens in particular, there is never a dull moment. I have two, though in reality, only one of them seems to be the trouble-maker of the pair. Callie, my precious Callie, seems to have a paper obsession - primarily toilet paper off the roll and wads of paper from the trash can under my desk. I've tried everything to keep Callie from unrolling the TP - including turning the roll around and taping the end of the roll down - but the only thing that seems to have kept Callie from this particular mischief is removing the roll from its place of convenience and relocating it out of her reach.

Most recently, Callie has developed a love affair with my slippers. I get up in the morning, and I usually have to hunt for one or both of them before I can allow my feet to make contact with the very cold tile floor in my bathroom. And when I get home in the evening, the hunt begins again. She seems to like hiding them behind the hall door, but one morning only one slipper was missing, and it took what felt like five minutes to find it. Five extra minutes I don't usually have because I'm a slow mover in the morning and am usually running late, without having to go hunting.

Callie and Lexi are now 10 months old. In theory, the mischief will stop soon because they won't be kittens much longer, which makes me both sad and relieved at the same time. Of course, one wise source advised me that kitten mischief often lasts until they're two years old. And then there's always the possibility that Callie will always be the trouble maker.

At least I know I will never want for home entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home