Green on the Inside

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. - Irish Blessing

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Misadventures of Vehicle Ownership


I got my car back on the 10th as planned, but sadly, that was not the end of things. As I pulled out of the body shop parking lot, I noticed that the ABS warning light was on and promptly turned around and went back, where they opined that it was probably just the sensor, and they couldn't fix it. So I took my car to the dealer the next morning, thinking I'd have it back in just a few short hours.

Amateur.

After spending all afternoon working on my car, the dealer had identified the problem but not the cause, so they were going to have to keep my car. What?! I've already been without my car 8 days, and now I have to wait until Monday?! Alas, they figured out the cause on Monday morning, but since my car is 9 years old, they had to order the parts...from Tennessee...which meant that I wasn't going to get my car back until the next day.

I picked up my car on Tuesday evening. Only to discover, after leaving the dealer, that the horn is not working. Well, it works, sort of, in that it makes a very quiet, useless, hollow, tin-canny sound. I have an appointment with the dealer for this Saturday. Let's hope the saga ends there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home