Green on the Inside

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. - Irish Blessing

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Closet Shopping


I never imagined I'd be one to say that I have too many clothes. Seriously, I adore shopping, and my closet is completely filled, though I dare anyone to suggest that there is no more room for any more clothes. I will prove you wrong in exactly 1.2 seconds. Or less. The reality is that I don't even wear a lot of the things in my closet, but I'm also a queen procrastinator with grand plans of cleaning out the closet and getting rid of things I'll never wear again. Someday.

But this morning I had a fleeting thought that maybe I *do* have too many clothes. I dismissed it quickly, but it was already out there. You see, I have my closet organized, not just by color but also by sleeve length - sleeveless, short sleeves, and long sleeves (including 3/4 length). And as I was removing one of my cats from the closet before she chewed a hole in my sexy red silk tank, I noticed a sheer black sleeve sticking out from the sleeveless section. My first thought was, "That's a sleeve. It doesn't belong there. And funny, I can't tell you what shirt that sleeve belongs to." I pulled the top out to discover a fabulous black "going out" top that I haven't worn since I bought it. Looking at the label, I realized that I had bought it in December (it came from a store that doesn't exist where I live).

Now I desperately want to go somewhere so that I have an excuse to wear it, since I don't "go out" all that often. I'll consider that an incentive to get moving on increasing my dating prospects, which I actually started on last week...more on that later.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Gadget said…

    Yes, BNA. I usually keep my closet doors closed to avoid this problem, but there are some days I'm forced to leave them open all day because I simply have neither the energy nor desire to get the mischievous creatures out when I'm ready to leave the house!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home