Green on the Inside

May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. And rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. - Irish Blessing

Friday, February 10, 2006

You have GOT to be kidding me...


I had my date with G. For some reason I can't figure out, he picked me up at my brother and sister-in-law's house. My brother and sister-in-law wanted to introduce me to someone, so they arranged for him to come to their house about 15 minutes before G was to arrive. Seemed like a good plan, until G arrived early, and there were a few awkward moments before G and I walked out to his car.

I have to say that I was rather disappointed in his appearance - a scruffy beard (I hate facial hair) and more body hair than I generally find attractive.
As we went to his car, he walked me to the passenger side, and like a gentleman, opened the door for me. But it was a rather strange car. It was a right-hand drive and had a seat immediately next to the driver's seat but set back about 6 inches, in addition to the traditional passenger seat in the front. I took my seat, and it turned out that G was a bit of a slime bag, too, as he kept trying to put his hand on my thigh - I successfully evaded the maneuver, and all he did was put is hand on the seat between my knees. So, unattractivesleazyleezy. What a "great" blind date...until...

(You're probably thinking this sounds a little weird to you. Well, it did to me, too.)

...until I woke up. What a relief!

This was the dream I had a few nights ago. Clearly I'm feeling a little anxiety about meeting G on Sunday. But I'm sure that the real thing can't possibly be worse than the dream. I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home